Research Activities of the Dept./Lab
|| Physics of Organic Solid State; Physics and Physical Chemistry of Polymers:
- dielectric, conducting and photoconducting properties of polymers, polymer composites and of molecular crystals and liquid crystals: dielectrics, semiconductors, photoconductors, conductors and superconductors (investigations of molecular relaxations, phase transitions, transport mechanisms of energy and charges, photogeneration, trapping and recombination of charge carriers);
- preparation and optical, thermo-optical and spectroscopic properties of liquid crystalline polymers, hydrogels and molecularly imprinted polymers;
- modification of properties of polymers by physical methods (blending, mixing, doping, preparation of composites, molecular imprinting) and investigations of relationships between structure, morphology and properties;
- luminescence, thermoluminescence and electroluminescence of macromolecular materials;
- Raman and micro-Raman spectroscopy of polymers, polymer composites and of molecular crystals; low-frequency Raman spectroscopy of polymer glasses;
- dielectric spectroscopy of polymers and polymer composites;
- applications of dielectric and electrical methods for in situ monitoring of resin curing and network formation;
- computer simulations of dynamics of macromolecules of complex architecture.
- Jobin-Yvon Raman Spectrometer model T64000 with Confocal Microscope, Macro-Chambe and LHe cryostat, equipped with lasers covering UV-VIS-NIR range;
- Jobin-Yvon Spectrofluorimeter model FLUOROLOG-3 with microscope;
- Mettler FP-90 with FP-82HT and FP-84HT microscope stages for Thermo-Optical Analysis with DSC;
- Xerographic discharge system for fully automatic determination of photogeneration quantum yield in a broad spectral and temperature ranges;
- System for simultaneous thermoluminescence and thermally stimulated current measurements in temperature range 77 K - 450 K;
- System for thermoluminescence measurements with spectral analysis of the emitted light in temperature range10 K - 330 K;
- Steady-state photoconductivity measurements system;
- Solartron 1260 Impedance Analyser with Chelsea Dielectric Interface and with Novocontrol NOVOCOOL System.
- Clean-room facility for organic opto-electronic devices preparation equipped with EDWARDS Auto 306 Turbo vacuum evaporation system, spin coater and system for obtaining the oriented layers using zone-casting technique.
The researchers and students at DMP have also an access to various equipment at the Faculty of Chemistry, like TOF-SIMS, NMR, X-ray difractometers, DSC, IR, etc.